Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Vienna Night Run 5K

When it is your own blog you can have the choice of putting just the "good" pictures up but in this instance, there were no good pictures, so I had to put up these really mediocre pictures because they are all we had! In October, Vienna has a 5K called the "Night Run". It is very popular, this year 38,000 ran it. Our students all wanted to run and convinced Tom and me we did too. You got these cool shirts with your 22 euro entrance fee, so naturally I was in! Tom just wanted to be part of the crowd. The weather was horrible, it was pouring buckets of rain and was quite chilly but it didn't dampen our spirits, though we don't look too thrilled. This picture was taken before the race and we didn't know how fun it would really be!
Well, here we are looking a little happier. The 5K was over! The rain finally became too much and when we got close to our u-bahn stop we just hopped on the #4 and came home. We were sitting at home and one of our students called to see where we were....apparently they were all standing together waiting for us so they could "cheer us in"! Despite the fact we didn't finish the race, we did get free stuff, drink bottles and clapper hands.

3 comments:

Susan said...

First, I'm impressed you can run a 5K and then to run it in the rain. You're my hero!

Logg said...

So is a Holman ever going to finish a 5K?
(Looking at you Josh)

Kristy or Josh said...

I;ll have you know that I finished the XANGO 5K this past October! 3.1 miles in under 35 minutes, I only vomited 4 times.