Friday, November 5, 2010

Our Home Away From Home

Welcome to our home in Vienna. My family has requested pictures and here they are. This is our entry. You come in the door you can barely see on the right hand side. The entry is big enough to put another bedroom and it is kinda wasted space but that is how it is. We are on the "M" level in our apt. building and actually have a really nice elevator right outside our door. Matt's kids loved it and it is handy when we have our little grocery carts filled. (those are our grocery carts you can see on the right by the front door). We have loved our little apartment and I hope it shows as well as it really looks.
View of my sweet little kitchen looking into the entry and on through to the living room. This kitchen has enough dishes and silverware etc.to feed up to at least 50 people. The knives are sharper than the ones in my kitchen in Utah...thats really pathetic!

View into our kitchen from the entry hall. Back in the corner on the right is our washer and dryer. We are very fortunate to have both. Usually you only have a washer...a dryer is luxury. There is a drying rack out on our deck, and I have used it, but I love my dryer.
A view of the livingroom, I am standing by the front window and looking into the entry. On the right is our piano that kept Matt's kids entertained and on the left we have about 40 folding chairs. Our students come over on Sunday for dinner and then again on Wednesday for class.
View of our livingroom from the entry hall. Our front window overlooks a small park and playground. To the left where you see a round clock on the wall is a door that leads out to a small deck.
A couple of different views of our "master" bedroom. I am converted to the comforters over here. They are warm and no one can steal all the covers because we each have our own!

Our guest room. This room has the two beds you can see but there are also two hide-away beds the are used as chairs at other times in this room.
This is our office and guest bedroom. There is a trundle bed under the bed you can see...with this comes my sincere apology to anyone that has slept on it...the trundle is comfortable enough but trying to get out of it in the morning is a trick. I did not know this until I slept on it when Matt and Jenny and family were here!

Our "big" bathroom, which is connected from the master bedroom and the entry hall.
Our "small" bathroom.

2 comments:

The Young Family said...

Good to see pics of your cute little home!

Susan said...

What an exciting time you must be having. I must admit I'm a little envious. Hopefully, we'll get to do some traveling soon. Enjoy your time in Europe.