Saturday, June 7, 2008

Battle Creek Falls











So here is hike #2. It starts at the top of Battle Creek Drive (200 S) in Pleasant Grove, UT. It is about a 1.8 mile hike and is fairly easy with just a few steep places; lots of families with young children were there and the kids did okay, so maybe some grandkids would like to go?? This trip I took along my new trekking poles and they were fun and very useful. They give better balance and supposedly cut down on wear and tear on the knees. I only saw one person making fun of me. But who cares. I'm now saving up from a little extra job I took reviewing a new textbook to buy a GPS devise so I can start geocaching. What is geocaching? First grandchild to call or email me the answer gets a prize. I'll get it down so anyone who wants can go with me and have fun finding buried treasure. In fact, I wonder if that was buried treasure I saw in the back of the cave you see in this set of pictures? We'll have to check it out when all the Grandkids are here (I'm going to get someone to go with me on these hikes one way or another. Linda only likes asphalt or dirt trails, not ones with rocks and skree on them). What is skree? Look it up. First grandchild to call or email me with the answer gets a prize.




1 comment:

Tigre said...

I think geocaching is what Logan's majoring in. He must know lots about rocks.