Saturday, April 25, 2009

Graduation for Logan and "Major Award" for Pops

Logan and I on the way to his BYU graduation. You other BYU grads, notice his blue robes. They now sell them "retainable" robes, but Logan didn't know that and turned it in.Logan and his mom right after his BYU graduation with the Hinckley Center in the background, and some other random people. Now he is off this fall to graduate school--probably.
My department chair, Rick Miller reading a short biography before presenting me with the School of Family Life Achievement Award. The plaque I got is nice enough, but I was expecting a "fra-gee-lay" leg lamp. But the check for $2,500 was better. That is almost the exact amount we need for the repair of the foundation leak we have in our house. Oh well....
Here are Logan and me with our award/diploma, and the person who made it all possible!



6 comments:

The Young Family said...

Our family is very affectionate. Logan's tense hand and mom white knuckling the diploma in the "touching" pictures.

Logg said...

Man I wish those robes were more form-fitting. I worked out and purged for months to get ready for "graduation season." All a waste with my fantastic physique hidden under that loose billowy thing.

Pops said...

Notice the tenseness in Logan's left hand from me putting my arm on his shoulder.

Tobler said...

Logan turned it in?! Aw man, I wanted to get a picture of us at the top of the Y in our robes or something else equally cheesy.

But seriously. Congratulations guys.

Mateo said...

I wish I had walked for my graduation. Instead I think I "worked" that day on the grounds crew. Now that is a memory to compare with having my father present me a college diploma.

Kristy or Josh said...

Graduate? You mean you can "graduate" from school?! I thought you were just supposed to quit once it started to get hard.