Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am really not one to have my family and friends make a fuss over me when it is my birthday, in fact I would just as soon have it go by without fanfare.....but.....I have to admit I had one fun birthday due to family and friends today.  First of all flowers from my husband.  When we were in Vienna, we almost always had fresh flowers because they were always available at the flower stands and they were cheap.  In Utah we don't have flower stands and they are expensive...but my man blew the bucks today and the flowers were beautiful and appreciated!  Tom was able to come home early and take me out to lunch at Bailey's and then to the Islamic Art exhibit at the MOA on the BYU campus....good times!

My surprises began very early this morning.  Tom and I headed out the front door at 6:00 am to take our daily walk.  It was still dark and when Tom opened our front door there were burglars out on our door step.  We both kinda jumped back and then realized these weren't men creeping around our front door but this balloon bouquet!  (It really did look like a bunch of heads when we opened the door!)
My good friend Charlene had decorated my door with the two Happy Birthday banners, hearts all around the door, the balloons and a gift.  What a way to begin the day.  My old 62 year old heart beat pretty fast for a minute or two but recovered with laughter when we did realize it was only balloons!
Then there were cards.  Our son Logan walked in the house and saw the cards on the table and without even getting close said, "I see Uncle Max sent you a card".  Yup....the Stooge gave him away.  Jack and Sharalyne also remembered me and it was a fun trip to the mailbox.  Oh wait....another flower!  Mike, a friend of Logan's is staying with us while he is doing an internship here in Orem...He even remembered me with a yellow rose!  I forgot to put Ty's gift..the first season of Downton Abbey on DVD.  That boy knows his mother!
Then there was the "pazookies".  Josh, Kristy and Logan gave me two small (6") cast iron skillets, chocolate chip cookie dough and vanilla ice cream.  You bake a large cookie in the skillet and while it is still hot you put your scoop of vanilla ice cream on it.  Couldn't wait to take a picture....so you get the empty pan.   So good!
I haven't even mentioned the calls from family....England and San Diego didn't forget me.  

Tomorrow it will back to the routine but what a great #62 I had....I hope the rest of the year is as good.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Linda. Glad your day was so great. I had a good one too, lots of family, fun and food. Did you sign up for SS yet? I get my first check on May 8
Yahoo!

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday Linda! Sounds like a truly awesome day! Love the part about the balloons/burglars :) The boys and I would love to see you and Tom sometime. Maybe we'll tag along next time you're in SLC to see Ty :)

Pops said...

No SS yet, got to wait until my man retires...another year and a half. By the way....Happy Birthday a little late. I always think of you on the third and then Beckie in May!

Brandi...would love to have you join us...to excite you even a little more, I actually have a gift I have been meaning to take up to SLC with us...Ty said you would like it...are you excited?!

Unknown said...

Hello! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

- Carolyn
carolynfallon3@gmail.com