Saturday, January 23, 2010

Three Pines and a Utah Snow Storm

When Tom and I went to England about 10 years ago I noticed that instead of addresses the houses were named with plaques. I thought it was such a clever idea. So I began to think what I would call our house. Probably the most notable thing about our house are the three beautiful pine trees in our back yard. So hence my name for our Utah home was "Three Pines". This past summer we were back in England visiting Matt and Jenny and family and I again noticed...no addresses, just names. I mentioned to Matt and Jenny that on my trip years ago I had come to the conclusion that our home was "Three Pines". Can you imagine my surprise when I got my original English home name plaque..."Three Pines". I am not sure how long we will stay in our house but "Three Pines" will always travel with me. Memories of England and a good son and daughter-in-law that listened to my story!


We had a big snow storm last night and our our three pines and other trees looked very beautiful.


5 comments:

Mateo said...

I still think it would have been better if there had been three pine trees on there, but I guess I can take comfort in knowing it was better than any of the gifts your other kids gave you because I don't see blog entries about their's.

Pops said...

wrong-o Mateo, I believe my snuggie from Boo was on the first one, though I must admit my slippers from Josh and Logan have not been given a "shout out" They were given to me before Christmas so I could enjoy them all during the cold Utah weather. Let it be known that ALL gifts were and are being appreciated!

The Young Family said...

I seem to remember that in the picture of my gift to mom it is a picture of her enjoying the gift. She is all smiles in her Snuggie. The picture of your gift, no trace of mom. Dad didn't seem to be able to snap of one of her smiling and enjoying your gift.

Pops said...

All you kids do is fight! What did we do wrong!!

Max said...

The crown molding is a nice touch.